The industry lost a valuable contributor, colleague and visionary with Adrian Laud.
I consider it an honor and a great pleasure to have known and worked with Adrian. He had a vision for the future combined with energy and drive that was irresistible and contagious. He will be deeply missed by the industry and he will be very much missed by me and all that worked with him in Fiatech. – Ray Topping
Adrian received a Fiatech award at the European Summit for his “Leadership of Interoperability”. The following comments during the awards ceremony nicely describe Adrian’s contribution the the industry.
- Adrian was involved with early development of industry data standards, including EPISTLE and STEP, and has continued to stay involved in industry projects throughout his career –always striving to further the advancement of standards.
- During that time, Adrian and his company (Noumenon Consulting) have been consultants to most of the major industry software suppliers as well as many EPCs and Owner Operators.
- Adrian has been an information management champion for the Fiatech Roadmap since its creation, and wrote much of tactical action plans which continue to be used today. He was been involved in many of the iRING industry projects including Proteus, Camelot, ADI –IDS and others. He was involved with many industry organizations in addition to Fiatech including PCA, MIMOSA, and BIM groups and activities as well.
- Adrian lead the ISO 15926 Information Models and Proteus Mappings project, known as IIMM or Proteus 2; and was the co-lead of the Geometry SIG. He also played a key role leading harmonization of standards and driving consistency in several projects including Structural Steel Interoperability for the Building and Process Plant Industries (SSI), Exploring Piping Management through Project Information Flow (PIF), and OGI Pilot.
- Adrian worked hard to deliver pragmatic solutions using innovative technology including iRING and the World Wide Web Consortium (XML, XGL and SVG)
- Perhaps Adrian’s best gifts to industry are his calm manner, quick wit, and wonderful humor particularly when tensions are high.
Adrian will be missed by the industry, colleagues and friends alike.
Rest in Peace.