The 2013 Asia and Australia PCA Forum and Members meeting will be held on the 21st and 22nd Oct 2013 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Asia and Australia PCA Forum and Members meeting will feature presentations and discussion from Owner/Operators, EPC Companies, Standard Bodies & Representatives, Software Vendors, System Integrators, Business Analyst, Engineering Consultants, Educational Institutions and Industry Associations identifying key business requirements and solutions leveraging on open supplier’s neutral standards, with a focus on benefits of using ISO 15926 in coordinated fashion.
POSC Caesar Association (PCA) is a non-profit global-standardization member organization promoting the development of open specifications to be used as standards for enabling the interoperability of data, software and related matters. PCA initiated ISO 15926 “Integration of life-cycle data for process plants including oil and gas production facilities” and is committed to its maintenance and enhancement.
The conference is being hosted by PETRONAS and the Malaysian Oil and Gas Services council.
PETRONAS was incorporated on 17 August 1974 as the national oil company of Malaysia, vested with the entire ownership and control of the petroleum resources in the country. It has since grown from merely being the manager and regulator of Malaysia’s upstream sector into a fully integrated oil and gas corporation, ranked among the FORTUNE Global 500® largest corporations in the world.
The Malaysian Oil & Gas Services Council or MOGSC was formed on 1st December 2003, as an initiative to establish an association driven entity and to promote the services sector of the Malaysian Oil & Gas Industry. MOGSC is now the premier business forum representing the interests of Oil & Gas service providers with membership of almost 400 companies providing comprehensive coverage to all services sector within the industry.
This year the conference focuses on the challenges facing the industry related to Information and Application Interoperability and how ISO 15926 deployment and/or utilization lead to the realization of Integrated Operations. The 2013 PCA Forum and Member Meeting offers participants the opportunity to share their success stories and lesson learnt in relation to iRING/ISO15926, Interoperability or Integrated Operations.
Call for Papers
The PCA is formally calling for papers and panel discussion proposals from Oil and Gas Industry participants in line with the conference theme “Interoperability Challenges in Integrated Operation Implementation”.
Proposals should address one or more of the following topics:
- Creation of stable, scalable and commercially-viable data
- ISO15926 reference data system and associated services
- Drilling and Completion
- Analyzing, developing and testing an autonomous and semi-automated drilling control system
- Standardizing communications protocols for drilling control systems
- Framework for advanced software agents
- Operation and Maintenance
- Develop and publish input which properly incorporates the Operations and Maintenance oriented concepts and methods established by the Open O&M initiative and ISO standards
- Instrumentation and Control
- Classes and relationships proposed for PCA standardization by the EqHub project
- Production and Reservoir
- Establish and maintain correct and reliable reference data related to petroleum production and reservoir management.
- Representation of ISO 15926 Part 3 Geometry Reference Data using Part 7 Template Methodology
- Geometry Reference Data
- IT Architecture
- IT and Data Architecture
- Data Governance
- Submission of Abstract: 15th Jul 2013
- Acceptance Notification: 29th Jul 2013
- Submission of Full Papers: 19th Aug 2013
- Submission of Slides: 20thSep 2013
- All papers and presentations will be evaluated in a standard blind peer review.
- Full Paper (individual or multi-author)
- Submit abstract of 600-800 words.
Submitted papers/proposals to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2013 Asia and Australia PCA Forum and Member Meeting will be another productive and memorable event for the industry.